How do I know if my inground pool is leaking?
Sarasota Pool Leak Detection
Bradenton Pool Leak Detection
There are several ways to determine if your inground pool is leaking. Some of the most common signs include:
- Decreased water level: If the water level in your pool is consistently dropping, it could be a sign of a leak. A leak can cause water to seep out of the pool and into the surrounding soil, leading to a decrease in water level.
- Wet areas around the pool: If you notice wet areas around the pool, it could be a sign of a leak. This could indicate that water is seeping out of the pool and into the surrounding soil.
- Cracks in the pool structure: Cracks in the pool’s structure can occur due to natural wear and tear, temperature changes, or improper installation. These cracks can allow water to seep out of the pool and into the surrounding soil, leading to a leak.
- High water bill: If you notice an increase in your water bill, it could be a sign of a leak. A leak can waste thousands of gallons of water, which can add up quickly and become very costly.
- Stains on the pool surface: Stains on the pool surface can indicate that water is leaking out of the pool and into the surrounding soil. These stains can appear as dark or discolored areas on the pool’s walls, floor, or deck.
- Air in the pump: if you notice that the pump is making strange noises or that there’s air in the pump basket, it could be an indication that there’s a leak in the plumbing.
It’s important to note that not all of these signs necessarily indicate a leak, but it’s a good idea to have a professional pool leak detection company come out and take a look if you suspect a leak. They will use advanced technology and techniques to accurately locate and repair leaks, saving you time and money in the long run.
In summary, to know if your inground pool is leaking you should look for signs such as decreased water level, wet areas around the pool, cracks in the pool structure, high water bill, stains on the pool surface and air in the pump. If you suspect a leak, it’s best to have a professional pool leak detection company come out and take a look, they will use advanced technology and techniques to accurately locate and repair leaks.
Lakewood Ranch Pool Leak Detection
Cape Coral Pool Leak Detection
Fort Myers Pool Leak Detection